In this episode of I Love Being Sober, Tim Westbrook interviews Antonio Sanders, the creator of the Meeting Makers Club. The Meeting Makers Club is an online platform for people in recovery to hold meetings virtually. Antonio was married with 2 small…
- In this episode of I Love Being Sober, Tim Westbrook interviews Antonio Sanders, the creator of the Meeting Makers Club. The Meeting Makers Club is an online platform for people in recovery to hold meetings virtually.Antonio was married with 2 small children. His drinking had been escalating for 20 years. A marriage counselor asked him about his drinking and if he would be willing to attend an AA meeting. Faced with the decision between going to an AA meeting or having another man raise his kids… he went to his first AA meeting in February 2010.
That was 10 years ago, and he hasn’t had a drink since. He wouldn’t be sober today if it wasn’t for the meetings and the sober people that helped him. He imagines that if he had gone to that first meeting and no one was there, or the facility was closed, he doesn’t know if he would’ve had the courage to go back. That’s why he set out to build the Meeting Makers Club. So there will always be someone there when anyone is ready to recover.
KEY FEATURES OF THE MEETING MAKERS CLUB
• Meetings are free to attend.
• Shareable links for the meetings allow the entire Meeting Makers Club community to attend.
• Gamification and game mechanics encourage members to participate in their recovery.
• Each meeting will be able to accept Donations directly through the platform.
• Veterans, First Responders, and underserved communities are at a higher risk for substance abuse.
• A Veteran ICON will allow other Veterans to identify each other and build a sober network.
• A First Responders Portal will allow First Responders to have recovery meetings with other first responders, completely anonymous & confidential.
• No meetings are recorded. Members control contact information.
This media is supported by Camelback Recovery
Visit CamelbackRecovery.com to find more information regarding Luxury Sober Living Homes and Recovery Coaching Specialists.
To get the Consumer’s Awareness Guide to Choosing a Sober Living Home visit this link:
For more links and resources check this out: https://linktr.ee/camelbackrecovery