There are many goals that I can think of that individuals with a substance condition might have. However, I have narrowed the list down to five goals:
- Each member will confront difficult issues in his life and learn a technique to handle the issues more effectively.
- The members of the group will provide a supportive network for the other members of the group. Members of the group will support each other by listening, caring, opening up.
- The members of the group will learn more effective ways to handle difficult social situations. Difficult social situations will be discussed during the sessions.
- Each member will complete a relapse prevention plan and share it with the group.
- Members of the group will provide constructive feedback to other members of the group.